Monday, May 16, 2011

The Vandenberg Five!!


our sweet little man!

The story of Eli

 I found out I was pregnant with Eli while I was going thru the hardest season that I have ever been in. I had a 2 yr old and 1 yr old and had been feeling extremely insecure in who I was as a believer, wife, and mother. It seems like it is in these times when satan tries his hardest to make you believe that his lies are true. And he was lying to me constantly during this season. I was starting to believe him and his lies-that I was in over my head and that God didn’t love me. Its funny how the Lord and His timing works because right in the midst of my darkest season I found out I was pregnant with Eli.=) Which came as a huge surprise since Ryan and I were using birth control religiously. We had actually been talking about having another kid. If we went by our original plan than it was time, but I just kept telling Ryan that I was not ready and didn’t think it was time. I am so thankful that the Lord goes by His perfect plan and not our own! He is so so very good. Several times I had to give everything (fears, insecurities, exhaustion) over to Him. And it did take me a long time to get used to the idea. I literally think I lived in shock for the first 6 months of my pregnancy. It wasn’t like it was the girls… We didn’t necessarily plan either of the girls but we were not preventing so we were not too surprised but super excited. But we are absolutely in love with our little man! He is Gods perfect will and gift to us and we in turn want to dedicate Eli to Him! The meaning of the name Elijah means “Yahweh is God” and we truly pray that Eli will be a great testimony to the Lord’s name! Thank you King Jesus for our precious gift Elijah Cole Vandenberg!

He is fabulous!!

He's got a head full of hair!

He is just perfect and we love him so!!!


<><><><><><><><><><><> Very healthy boy!)
This is one of very first pictures, as you can see the girls are not to sure about mommy in the hospital, with Abigail staring at my IV and Emma crying and trying to get away. lol We did warm up eventually!





Grandma and Grandpa love their babies!!!



Daddy couldn't be happier!





going  home!!!
Elijah is not too sure......
Elijah Cole Vandenberg
Elijah means "Yaweh is God".
Cole is my maiden name, it means "victory of the people".



xoxoxox
1st day at home...shh..he thinks someone is holding him=)



We're in love!




This is my dad with the girls at the hospital
Checking out the new bro

Mimi and Papa and their Vberg grandkids



Couldn't resist Tor Bears smile in this one!!

Terri Lynn and Tori love their new cousin!



We love our new addition!

YEP, HE'S A KEEPER!!


No comments:

Post a Comment