Thursday, April 28, 2011

A Little Blessing...


1 Peter 2:3-10
  "if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is good.
  As you come to him, a living stone rejected by men but in the sight of God chosen and precious,
  you yourselves like living stones are being built up as a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood, to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.
  For it stands in Scripture: "Behold, I am laying in Zion a stone, a cornerstone chosen and precious, and whoever believes in him will not be put to shame."
 So the honor is for you who believe, but for those who do not believe, "The stone that the builders rejected has become the cornerstone,"
  and "A stone of stumbling, and a rock of offense." They stumble because they disobey the word, as they were destined to do.
  But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.
  Once you were not a people, but now you are God's people; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy." (ESV) 


   I just wanted to take a moment to say how good it is to be in the body of Christ. And oh how good it is for the Spirit to dwell within! The Lord reminded me of this when the girls and I stopped by to visit Daddy at a packaging event. (Ryan works for a nonprofit called Numana that packages food for starving people all over the world. If you want more info on it here is website www.numanainc.com) I had the honor of experiencing a true working of being the church while I was there. A brother, Ryan works with that I truly have only met once or twice came up to ask me how I was doing in my impregnated state; I told him fine and he asked me right then and there if he could lay hands on us and pray for us, our family, and soon to be birth of our son Elijah... Wow, to feel the radiating love of our Christ used in such a powerful personal way by a willing servant of His! What a blessing! I know that there are a lot of people praying for us and that the Lord is watching over us; it’s not as if this man said something magical or had something special that all of us as His children don’t have. I think the difference is when we as believers learn to walk in the Spirit in our day to day lives, not just to learn our memory verses or be a member of a congregation. He is calling us to BE the CHURCH, not just go to church!  I want to be the CHURCH!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment