Saturday, November 5, 2011

WE’RE IN!!!

 I haven’t updated in a while so wanted to throw in a quick blog update. We are in our house now. It is unfinished and kitchen-less at the moment but we LOVE it here. We absolutely know it was the Lord’s will and there is such a peace just being here. We are so blessed! Also just as a side note, Ryan has been grilling a lot which works great as we don’t have a kitchen. It is perfect though because as he is grilling outside the kids can play outside, which means break for momma. Can I get a holler?!! Whoot Whoot!
  The Lord has been teaching us so much. We are daily being taught His blessings and mercy. He has been and continually will be pruning our hearts of weeds that have no place in His kingdom. It’s been painful at times but so necessary and the peace from giving your all for the Lord is great. One of those “weeds” that He has shown me of late is that I let myself get such a horizontal view on things; and that I let the enemy detour me from keeping my eyes in the Kingdom of God. I can work myself/my mind into quite a little wreck and gain nothing but wasted hours or days of worrying or being anxious over things I CAN NOT change. Even with good intentions, this is still sin. I NEED to TRUST MY LORD and SAVIOR. I am so pitiful at this at times.
So pretty much I am learning to listen to His Voice and set my eyes on His Kingdom no matter what is going about me. I fail. I fail miserably at this at times but then He reminds me and I set my eyes on Him again. I’ve come to the notion that the most important part of repentance is the “turning away” of what it is that we had our eyes on. I don’t know why it is so hard for us as believers to learn to live and trust Him in everything. We need Him! We need Him not just as or Savior but also as the Lord of our lives! I need Him. I pray and hope to grow and love Him more and more with every step of this journey He has me on.


 I am so very thankful for all that He has given me! I am so blessed and this is Thanksgiving month so I thought I would write a few things that I am especially thankful for:

  • I am thankful for the Grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. I do not know where I would be if it wasn’t for his mercy. He is Good. He is Great and if you don’t know Him you should try Him out. You won’t be disappointed!

  • I am thankful for my family, all of them. Ryan and I have awesome support systems on both sides and I know we haven’t been easy on either one of them! Xoxoxo

  • I am thankful for my babies. The Lord has blessed us with three beautiful crazy children and I am not perfect but I seek to shepherd their hearts and share the love of Christ with them. They are my first and foremost ministry and I consider it a great honor to be able to answer that call. We don’t have tons of riches but I wouldn’t change any of it for the world. I am called and I WILL answer.

  • I am thankful for my Sweet Sexy man that I get to stand beside in this journey. Ryan Allen Vandenberg, you rock my world and I am so in love with you!

P.S.-pictures and current events to come soon

No comments:

Post a Comment