Thursday, February 6, 2020

Life with the Super Seven

We had a busy January getting accustomed to life as a family of nine after the holidays. I have been recovering well and we are all falling naturally into our roles. I'm especially proud of Eleanor for finding her place as not the baby anymore. It's hard to be bumped out of that spot but she is doing amazing and we are making sure and still giving her lots of love. I will say that jumping back into reality has been hard but we are getting better at it and stronger day by day. There has been a lot of cartoons and granola bars but total grace for that and amazingly we are still alive!
Olive is precious, loved, and spoiled already. She is a bit colicky so higher maintenance than normal but I was telling Ryan last night that I'm happy we had a colicky kid now rather than earlier. We have so many persons to love and bounce and sing to her. It is such a gift. Joey is the sweetest with her. Anyone who knows Joey knows how extreme this kid is. He does everything 100% whether that's being naughty or being sweet. He aggressively loves but he has been so gentle and sweet with Olive. It's the sweetest thing to watch. One of our biggest challenges is to stop Joey from loving on her and kissing her when she is asleep. Ha!  He just can't help but touch her when he passes but you don't wake babies(especially colicky ones). The big kids are doing awesome with picking up the slack and staying diligent in their studies. Ryan has been a rock for us. I truly think and believe that he has gotten sweeter, more tender, and become a better father and husband with each child. It's kinda how it goes. Momma and daddy grow up along side their children. Each child gives me more opportunity to be pressed and need Him more. I told Ryan that it feels like I am hemmed in all day, completely surrounded, never alone, always needed and wanted. Then I remembered He talks about this in His word-


Psalm 139:1-6
Lord, you have searched me and known me!
You know when I sit down and when I rise up;
    you discern my thoughts from afar.
You search out my path and my lying down
    and are acquainted with all my ways.
Even before a word is on my tongue,
    behold, O Lordyou know it altogether.
You *HEM ME IN*, behind and before,   <<<----------------------------
    and lay your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
    it is high; I cannot attain it.


This whole chapter is gold.
Guys, I can't even remember my last name somedays, let alone get the name right when calling my kids. The other day I asked Ryan how to spell "wall ago" as in a while ago.......Ryan just laughed and made fun of me. My mind is sluggish and numb but praising Jesus with my soul and spirit is still happening. I am more "hemmed in" than I have ever been in my life. I somehow have to keep 7 bodies fed, clean, happy, educated, and alive all the while keeping house and home in check. Oh, and Ryan as well. haha  All of this on little sleep, a fussy baby, and toddlers in tow. Guys, I am hemmed in. BUT!!!! His hand is on me. He is guiding me. He is teaching me. He is pressing me and I have NO doubt there is gold being produced though it all. I know that through the fire I am being refined. Olive's birth was a fire that I wouldn't soon jump in joyously but looking back now I can say that it really was a blessing and I can see how we grew as a family and in Jesus through it all. So if it is true for Olive's birth then won't it be true for other trials or even just the every day days. Can God bring glory through dirty diapers, messy floors, and screaming babies? Can He produce gold through mommy melt downs, overflowing toilets, spit up stained clothes, and sinks full of dishes. You bet He can. I am right there in the midst of all these things and He constantly is reminding me of this. He is constantly reminding that in my weakness His strength is made perfect in me. He knows what is before me and behind me. He is laying out a path before me that draws me closer to Him. So I know as I sit on the messy toy and crumb strewn floor in yesterdays pajamas with several children about me calling my name at once and a baby crying in my ear that THIS is where Gold comes from. This is where I am tried by fire, this is where He is purifying me. This is where I learn to call out His name. Whether in desperation or desire, I call out to Jesus and HE answers. He is with me in my mess and He loves me enough to hem me in.

Where are you in your life? Are you being hemmed in a certain area? Are you being  pressed, refined, perfected? I encourage you brothers and sisters to let God refine you 
through the hard, to trust His love for you in carrying you through this. He promises He will work this for His good in those "who love Him and are called according to His purpose". You've been called, you've been chosen, you have purpose and you will be hemmed in unto Him.






Peace and blessings-Becky(a fellow in need of hemming sister)










No comments:

Post a Comment